Tuesday 3 May 2011

Thoughts

When developing from my ideas of the quote, I explored around the Boscombe tea party of which had many interesting acts, vintage markets and stalls, this showed many people and there quirky personalities and what they wore. This helped me think about what I could explore when linking it to my ideas of the quote.

Previously when listening to the responses of the public and what they said, it was a very simple and obvious response of which I had originally thought of. When asking different people, I was hoping to be able to experiment with some of there certain ideas. But according to their thoughts, the majority were predominantly very safe with a lack of complexity.

At the beginning of the project my expectations of the public were challenged after a few of the answers I received, this lead me to altering my original thought of how the public could contribute to the project. Therefore when photographing people in there quirkiness; it helped to challenge myself and go further out of my comfort zone and simply just asking people for there photograph and possibly having a chat before.

Once getting over the first hurdle; I enjoyed getting images of the people that I did. I realised that the people wouldn't mind the attention and there photograph taken, having come to the event dressed that way.
So when thinking back to my quote and the emperor's new clothes story I thought they may fit together well.

"I couldn't repair your brakes" This could, if I were to go into depth, link to vulnerability, past and feelings so "I made your horn louder" could then go on to having a social mask, stereotypical image and/or attention for reason's that people would rather cage away. So when putting themselves in that situation with what they wear and how they act, puts them in a box that people may automatically judge in a certain way and assume things that may not be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment