Friday 28 January 2011

Little Red Riding Hood

After deliberation of my previous 'final piece', the image didn't look in the end as I had hoped it had been. I had tried to make the image darker, and more eerier, but this didn't work out, when my LRRH didn't look very realistic amongst the area of trees and snow.
















So here below are more screenshots and images of which I used and manipulated to eventually get my Final Piece.




This photo shows a lot more emotion and brings more atmosphere to the image as she looks more scared and when using the actually image in my final piece i can use to the tree as well to help set the scene more.


Here I began by cropping out Little Red Riding Hood from the original photo to edit into my final piece. I used the magnetic loop tool to begin with to get a vague outline of the section i wanted. Once selected, I dragged it on to my background and placed it where i thought was best.




Here it just shows that I duplicated the layer so i could make changes to the copied layer and erase through.


Here is a tool that can blur an image or section; so on my 'copy' I decided to blur the whole picture.



Once I had blurred the 'copy' I made sure it was above the original so when erasing through, it was the correct layer. This then meant that when erasing through the blurred image, it was showing the original layer. I made sure that the sections of the image that I wanted to be noticed and focused on were the sections of erasing through.

Here shows another image that I used. I included it to add texture to the image, once uploaded on the my final piece, it was a separate layer, and in order to get I wanted I did lots of 'brightness and contrast', 'erasing' and 'opacity' adjusting.

Here shows my making the adjustments once uploaded the image to my final piece.




Here shows all three layers; original, blur and texture. This shows me erasing more from Little Red Riding Hoods face as I wanted to make sure that the face and cloak were very strong in there colours compared to the whole picture. With the original photo her face was very pale, so once added on the blur layer I erased through to it. I did this to show her innocence and emotion, as well as showing off the red in her cloak as it symbolises danger and blood.

This is my final screenshot to show my final image but with a border. The very last thing I did was add a border to the image to ensure the overall appearance of the piece is framed nicely.



Here is my final piece :)




I am very pleased (finally) with my outcome; I feel although I did make lots of changed and decisions my final piece in the end works well and looks much more effective than my previous one. For me it is still a learning process as I am still realising there is more i could to and how I could do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment